Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Abetting Crime

Today was my first direct experience of abetting crime. I was over enthusiastic of going to a movie today and went out in the scorching hot Chennai sun to watch”Bunty Aur Babli”. To my greatest disappointment the theatre was house full and we dint get any tickets. So we went to another theatre to watch a Tam movie called “Arinthum Ariyamalum”. There too there were no tickets available for any of the shows. All of us were quite sick of the Sunday crowd and the sweltering heat. Then in one corner of the road I noticed a boy throwing furtive glances and showing gestures at the crowd. I went near him and he told me “irubadu ambadu” (bees ka pachas or 20 at 50). Then I realized that he was selling black tickets for the same movie show that we wanted to go. In my sub-conscious I felt a bit guilty to buy the tickets and be a part of the black ticket crime racket. But on the other hand I was already tired and desperate to watch the movie. Finally the desire to watch the movie dominated over my pang of guilt and we ended up watching the movie. The movie was awesome. Songs were great, Prakash Raj’s and the other 2 guys’ acting was great. The heroine dint act so well, though she looked cute (a cross between Meera Jasmine and Sonali Bendre).

No comments: