Tuesday, June 28, 2005

A Year in Singapore!!

One the June 24th I exactly completed a year of stay in Singapore. I arrived by the Indian Airlines flight on the same day last year, unsure of my future and what I wanted to do. This one year has been an awesome experience in terms of learning, international exposure and most important of all managing independently in any situation. On a divergent note, I am closer to home than I actually was before you know!! During college it used to take almost 2 days to reach home. When in Bangalore it used to take 5 hours. I am thankful that it just takes under 4 hours to reach Chennai from here. All my journeys back home have been eventful till now. The first time I went home they screened an awesome Trisha-Vijay Starrer Gilli Tamil movie on an International flight and to give company to this was "Avial- Vengaya(Onion) Sambar and Papad". The second time I travelled I got upgraded to Business class. It is another six months before I can think of going home again. Anyways the bottom line is though it has been a hectic stay here in Singapore and I kinda miss home, I have enjoyed and benefitted from the experience and stay here in Singapore and I am quite thankful for it!!

No comments: