Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Beginning!!

I noticed her due to her tinkling anklets,
That first glance was enough to make a mark of a lifetime.
Her long plaited hair was adorned by the sweet smelling Jasmine flowers,
Or was it the Jasmine flowers adorned by her wonderful wisps of hair
Her broad forehead dotted with vermilion and kumkum
Reminded me of the morning horizon and the radiant rising sun
Dressed in crisp Kanchipuram silk here she was the girl of my dreams!!


I had become quite oblivious of our surroundings
Just then I realized that we were in a temple and I was supposed to pray!!
She had started making small steps around the sanctum
Quickly I began following her with my hands folded in piety
My heart skipped a beat when she turned around to look at me
In reflex my hands folded and my lips started uttering something...
She must have thought I was praying in devotion
Yes I was praying in devotion, that I could speak to her.



It was the full moon day and the temple was getting crowded
Soon I lost sight of her in all the chaos
Disappointed I completed two more rounds of pradakshina,
Made a deal with HIM that all be good,
And with a heavy heart walked back home .



As I was opening the gate of my house
I heard a sweet and soothing voice
Surprised I was when I looked around
Here she was the Jhaangri* of my eyes!
Slowly she walked up to me!!
I was too dazed by the situation to see!



While all the time I was looking down,
She spoke to me without a frown
She had just moved into the neighbourhood with her mom and dad,
And thought she would get to know her neighbours well, wasnt I too glad :)
She too had noticed me in temple, and in friendship she extended her hand
I too reciprocated while I was floating away into FairyLand...
And that was the Beginning, a really nice Beginning!!


*Jhaangri: A Really delicious awesome South Indian Sweet!!

3 comments:

Anshul said...

not bad!

Harini said...

Super!
Where is the next part? :)

Anonymous said...

hey..tat was nice..sez me n my frnd!!
waiting for the 2nd part!!!!