Wednesday, June 02, 2004

A QUESTION OF COMMITMENT

The state of being commited essentially means something pledged or the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled. One could be committed to various things like, one could be committed to a cause, his profession or to someone. The designers of the orkut portal have assumed the latter meaning to the state of being committed. I see quite a number of people listed in Orkut who are already committed and the number is day by day increasing.


I too can claim to have committed you know! But the only time I have committed is when I performed a database commit operation. I would rather prefer to remain noncommital about my intentions towards a commitment, although I feel that it is best to postpone it as long as possible, because responsibilities and unimaginable troubles are usually concomitant with a commitment. What I would prefer to do later, is to entrust this quite assiduous task to my parents who would quite happily take up this job of getting me committed with great commitment!

1 comment:

Dileepan said...

LOL!

Dei Esu,

It is better that you to commit yourself to a commitment lest your parents get down to committing themselves to getting you to commit to a commitment!

(Sorry, I couldn't help convoluting that one :) )

On a tangent, I am going to change my Orkut profile to 'Committed' too! Life is too dull here and needs some sensationalising. I wanted to do it right now (before I change my mind) but Orkut seems to be having some teething problems.

The Jack