Friday, January 16, 2009

The Climb Resumes...

For years I have been climbing steep mountains
I have never feared hanging off steep ledges
The sharp rocks have seldom hurt me
I was undeterred by the pain my arms
And the ache in my legs
I was steady in my resolve
To keep climbing higher and higher
Until I reached the ultimate summit!

Everything was fine until my recent fall
The fear of failure has crept into me like poison ivy
Self infliction is nothing but an easy solution
I seek pleasure in pain
I seek solace in my solitude
I seek refuge in my goblet
Hoping to drown in the rednesss of the wine
That liberates my inner spirit!

A faint voice within me frantically calls out
Begging me to just hang in there
And that the tide will turn
I hear the voice of reason calling out loudly to
Pull myself out of this abyss
For I have been at greater heights
The climb now should be faster and easier
The perils are not strangers anymore.

I may now hold on to my rope tighter
Every step of mine might take longer
I may rest after each exertion and my breath may be heavier
But at least I have resumed my climb!
And I vow that I shall keep climbing
As after every fall the only way is UP!

2 comments:

unpretentious said...

i liked the seeking pleasure in pain..how true...when will we trancend above all this?

Unknown said...

Excellent work :)