Friday, February 29, 2008

Sublime Verse

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time"

"There will be time to wonder
Do I dare, Do I dare?
Time to turn back and descend the stair...
Do I dare
Disturb the universe? "


--------------- Lines by T.S. Eliot

Pookal Udhirum Saalai Vazhiye Pesi Selgiren
I walk talking to myself on roads sprinkled with flowers

Marangal kooda nadapathu pole ninaithu kolgiren.
I console myself thinking that I am walking with the trees


These lines symbolize loneliness and solitude but in a positive way. It implies that even though one is cruising along in good times there is a need to share their happiness with others. (not just in times of sorrow and misery).

-------------Lines for title song Kadhalikka Neramillai

Strange, is it not? that of the myriads who
Before us pass’d the door of Darkness through,
Not one returns to tell us of the Road,
Which to discover we must travel too.
-------------The Rubaiyat Of Omar Khayyam - By Edward Fitzegrald

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I literally stumbled upon your blog if only because yours is a neighbour of mine in the cyber space.

The story and the lines from T.S.Eliot are apt. But I don't recall any lyric from 'kadalikka neramillay' resembling your translated lines.

Wish you all the best in your quest for sthitha prajna, for which I found as yet the most apt translation in the phrase 'Transparency of Consciousness' of Jacobson in his book 'Buddhism: A Religion of Analysis'

Raja Ganesan