Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Kolkata Experience

I had really fond childhood memories of Kolkata. I again visited Kolkata this December 2006 after a gap of around 14 years. Though I dint see any major changes / developments compared to high growth cities like Bangalore, Hyderabad and Chennai I was still glad that Kolkata has maintained its unique cultural flavor.

KOLKATALOGY
Radha Pallavi
(Radha = Poori like Kachoris with Pallavi = Aloo Dum like Subzi)

Singhada
(~ equivalent of a Samosa but not quite the same)

Misthi Doi (Dahi)
(Sweet Curd)

Puchka / Fuchka
(~ Paani Poori)

Rosho-gulla
Rasagullas

Mouchak
(A Sweet and Savories Shop in Gol Park)

Park Street
( A famous street in Kolkata with lots of restaurants and brightly lit)
~ MG Road in Bangalore, Orchard Road in Singapore)

Peter Cat
(a famous Restaurant on Park Street)

Bhalo Aa-chi ?
Doing good?

Teek Aache
Am good!

Ami Thumi-ko Bhalo Baashi
I like you very much (~ I Love U)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and i thot u werent going to mention any food..lol...:P