Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Curiosity Fills the Board - Box Office Hit

There is no denying that People are curious. They are curious about their environment, about other's lives etc etc. Curious people need to be fed constantly with intriguing thoughts and things to keep them satisfied and I am more than ready to oblige to do that.

My cubicle in office is situated right next to the pantry. All those curious people who pass my cubicle while on their way to the pantry can't help but stare into my cubicle and at my white board because their curiosity tells them to do so. Poor souls.

So as my duty I have to feed them interesting things to ponder about. So what we(me and my colleague) did to my discussion white board was this:

We wrote some random (bull-shit) equations (and made sure that we covered most symbols like double differentials, Cyclic Integrals, Limits) and made a derivation which resulted in a mathematical percentage value. Here comes the most important line, we wrote "SUCCESS" in the last line implying we achieved something.

To add to this soup we drew some random graphs to resemble some break even analysis combined with some complex efficiency index. :D
Snapshot of our board:

We just left these on the board for around 2 days to judge the response. We had released our
First movie and we did not know how it had fared in the box-office.

Two days later, I am in the pantry and one person comes to me and says, "wow so many equations and formulas on your board, what is up?" (really curious)"


I casually shrug my shoulders and reply "oh that was nothing, some really simple stuff
that we were discussing the other day" !
[He is totally baffled and I left him alone to think about it!!! :D]

Now showing: Mash You Up (The Master MashUp )
Trailer:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL nice stuff :D

Anonymous said...

konjam laplace, konjam finite element analysis, konjam surface integral....ellam serthu kalavai pannu..reaction paaru..superahh irrukum...!! :p

Chaosrules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chaosrules said...

I used to do stuff like that i my cubicle, except that i draw some bar graphs/pie charts and indicate some numerical values and make some random forecast numbers(2007 data) ,spiced with some greek alphabets like chi,Xi,Phi,sigma etc(I dont scare people with Integration and Differentiation though) and voila! A neat trap!!

There were some people who thought that i am deriving some forecast levels for some company AOP/Inventory dollars and even suggested me to use another probability model to arrive at a different forecast! I listen to them with a serious face and LOL when they are gone!!
May God bless their souls !!