Thursday, November 17, 2005

Call It Conservative Call it Chennai

Being born and brought up in Chennai, I have experienced the conservative way of living in the City. I would say that this conservativeness is in a way necessary and good to inculcate moral values and ethics into the people (especially for children and adoloscents). But this recent case on Khushboo, Suhasini etc. has really crossed limits and so much hullaballoo on this is totally unnecessary and nonsensical.

Read this Article from Times of India on this Issue:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1298218,curpg-1.cms

What is the most ironical about this Khushboo issue is that the people who are raising their voice
against her (White-Dhoti Politicians and as much black on the inside) constitute the least moral and unethical people who are known for their polygamy, affairs, and various other shady businesses and have no business talking about Tamizh Panpadu (Tamil Ethics and Culture).

6 comments:

jack said...

Yes.It is pathetic.Tqamil culture has beocme the property of a few political parties
check out my views here
http://jackofall.blogspot.com/2005/11/who-is-hero.html

Vasu said...

I think tamilians cannot accept reality.. they go ga-ga over movies like 7/g Rainbow colony that advocates pre marital sex, but when somebody voices it out they are furious...
Pfft!.

Harini said...

As you said, It is more of politics than Culture which is clashing. And as a democratic country, such an objection to anyone's statement is unwarranted

Meera said...

While men can urinate in public, you cant even kiss..thts india for u..

Courtsey from Sandhya's blog.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you say on the Kushboo issue but I feel

"White-Dhoti Politicians and as much black on the inside"

is a very racist comment.

subu said...

I am sorry if you felt it was racist.. I dint mean to write it that way..

I think u misunderstood what I had written..

What I meant by "White Dhoti and as much black on the inside" DOES NOT REFER TO SKIN COLOR BUT THE FILTH and BAD QUALITIES characterisitc to politicians.